Monday 10 February 2014

Where's That Brewery Again?


I was gratified to see the British Beer and Pub Association doing something useful for a change.  They have produced a comprehensive report of every parliamentary constituency, showing the impact the number of breweries and pubs in each has on jobs and wages, with details of numbers employed etc.

Great stuff I thought turning to three of my local constituencies.  All three have the number of breweries, not just wrong, but very wrong. Breweries surely aren't that hard to place in the right area? Plenty of stuff about that on line. I don't know about the pubs - that's doubtless harder - but inaccuracy doesn't fill me with confidence about any of the rest of it.  

Not sure whether to blame arithmetic or geography here.

 Problem is not much (if anything) else aligns with parliamentary constituencies, so I actually  have some sympathyfor them.

2 comments:

Cooking Lager said...

You just can't get the staff these days.

Gueuzel said...

I wouldn't have that much sympathy for them. This isn't rocket science. There's a fairly widely available commercial product which links postcodes to Parliamentary constituencies. (For example, it's what Parliament's own website uses to power its "Find my MP" service - http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/)