Thursday 1 January 2015

Sneaking In Under the Wire


I didn't do Golden Pints this year - or for that matter Golden Posts.  I don't really relate to the categories that much in GPs and if I want to praise posts I do so as they arise. Seems more useful that way.  Nonetheless if I had done GPs, I found one that would certainly have got a mention.  It is Ossett Inception, a pale, golden, full bodied, bitter and resinous number from a brewery that is certainly in my circle of trust.  I came across it at the Regal Moon, as I was there borrowing a pumpclip a few days ago. The brewery indicates it has five malts and five hops. I don't know what they are, but it is a cracker and shows that well established brewers can produce fantastic beers that are brilliantly clear, yet full of clean hop bitterness.  No muddy imprecise beers here.

It is still available. Seek it out.

Happy New Year to all my readers. I think you'll be hearing a lot more from me in 2015.  I'm off soon to try Lees new seasonal. Archer Stout. Cask stout? What's not to like?  I hope nothing as it will be my first beer of 2015.

3 comments:

Professor Pie-Tin said...

Happy New Year to you as well old fruit.
I have a good feeling in my waters about 2015, even if it is the first year in which I start drawing a pension.
Crikey,where did all those years go ?

Tandleman said...

Tell me about that!

Cooking Lager said...

Still waiting for the Tand Kite mark. I'd drink owt with that on.