Thursday 26 April 2018

Don't Bam Tennent's


Yesterday I happened to notice the tweet mentioned in this great article in the Daily Record.  Our dear friends BrewDog, thought it might be awesome to have a pop at the great Scottish icon Tennent's Lager, by suggesting that anything you do would be better that drinking good old TL.


 Very droll I thought and promptly forgot about it.

They are made of sterner stuff though over at Wellpark and they responded with the following:



The subsequent comments by the Record's readers are well worth a look. As one said "Come at the King then you best not miss." BrewDog subsequently removed the tweet.Tennent's 1; BrewDog 0.

I might just have a glass of TL on the way to the station today on that account. I fondly remember drinking pint screwtops of TL in my youth and still have one now and then. Well not screwtops sadly, but TL still.

I thank the Daily Record for reminding me of this tweet. Funnily it brought to mind the daily trot to the newsagent for a copy of same when I was a child. I kind of grew up with the Record, another Scottish icon.

8 comments:

Matt said...

I've just got the new edition of CAMRA's Good Beer Guide Belgium which you reviewed the other week and was surprised to see that Brewdog have now got a bar in Brussels. Apart from its proximity to the Gare Centrale perhaps, I can't see why anyone would travel to Brussels and drink there.

Tandleman said...

Nor me, but maybe Belgians might?

Cooking Lager said...

Brewdog Red Barrel.

RedNev said...

BrewDog's Pink IPA really proved their 'right on' credentials, didn't it? Talk about an own goal.
Perhaps, Naughty Brew Puppy might be a better rebranding.

Barm said...

Same reason there are branches of Starbucks in Rome and Vienna.

kevin webster said...

Ha Ha, nice one Tennants - And it's a decent enough sessionable lager (the 4%) stuff, obvs.

rod said...

"Come at the King you best not miss" - what a brilliant proverb

Anonymous said...

It's from "The Wire".