Tuesday 3 April 2012

Cheery Beery


Well despite waking up with a cricked neck and the rotten rainy weather outside, I feel quite chipper. I need to prepare for my CAMRA meeting tonight and do other mundane tasks, but I am looking forward to a few pints tonight at the Baum in Rochdale.

There is a distinct possibility of Mallinson's Chinook. Well it came on last night according to Twitter and there will be some left won't there? No negative vibes please.

So, I will travel hopefully tonight. And travel back hopfully!*

*Yes spellchecker. this time I'm having it my way.

6 comments:

The Beer Nut said...

Gotta say I'd be a bit dubious about a single-hop Chinook beer. Getting good press is it?

Tandleman said...

I don't know. But being Mallinsons, it isn't likely to be bad.

Erlangernick said...

Chinook makes for a fantastic single-hop trans-Atlantic half-IPA! I've brewed it a number of times at home now, though I was a skeptic at first.

Have a few for me in absentia.

Lucky plucker.

Sat In A Pub said...

If you like hops, Chinook is one of the best you can pick for a single-hop IPA. You usually get a herbal aroma and all the characteristics of a good American IPA.

Had a few over the years and no one has managed to balls it up yet. So Mallinsons should be top draw.

Alistair Reece said...

I am never quite sure what to think about Chinook, I recently brewed an Abbeyish beer which I single hopped with Chinook, expecting a load of classic American flavours and aromas and ended up with something that tasted like a less sweet Leffe.

Perhaps "only" doing 30ish IBU was the reason?

Anonymous said...

Chinook makes a lovely single hop beer: more of a resiny pine than citrusy grapefruit.

Regs,
TavastlandBrewing