Tuesday 24 April 2012

Oldham Beer Festival


After a break due to various council machinations, Oldham Beer Festival is back at its usual venue, the Queen Elizabeth Hall, next to Oldham Bus Station.  As always the festival will be run by my CAMRA Branch in conjunction with the Mayor of Oldham's Charity Appeal. We are concentrating on local beers this year with one or two special requests. My contribution was a request for Stringers. Hooray for me!

 The list of breweries is as follows: Acorn,Bank Top, Brightside, Dark Star, Elland, Green Mill, Greenfield, Hawkshead, Irwell Works, Lees, Leyden,Little Valley, Liverpool Craft, Mallinsons, Millstone, Otley, Outstanding, Pictish, Purple Moose, Redwillow, Saddleworth, Saltaire,  Stringers, Wilson Potter, Wright. There will be traditional cider as well as foreign beers too.

I will be looking after the beer and the bar, thus putting my reputation on the line. As always at these do's, there are lots of constraints, so it is difficult to get things right, but I'll be doing my best to present the beers as well as possible.  Due to the lack of ability to wash glasses, regrettably (due to hygiene restrictions), there will be no sparklers. That's one of the constraints. A bitter blow I know.

So, if you are in the area, get your weary bones along and do come and say hello. It should be a good do I reckon.

The full list of beers can be found here.

2 comments:

Cooking Lager said...

I was thinking the best way to get pissed for nowt would be to volunteer for a job like stewarding at this type of thing? Then I can potter about, doing nowt and necking free grog. I am capable of looking just as weird as any other steward. I have the belt tankard & a cowboy hat. Where do I sign up?

Sat In A Pub said...

Even if you are in charge of the beer, that shouldn't put people off.