Saturday 18 April 2009

Doing What it Says on the Tin


Readers of this blog will know I am a big fan of Mallinson's beers. After picking E up from the station last night, we called in to the excellent Angel for a couple

I immediately spotted a new Mallinson's beer. Hooray - that's usually pretty good news. P.A.H. stands for pale and hoppy. It is. And it is bloody good too. The barmaid loved the name. We loved the beer. If you click the link above it will take you to their web site. It's called www.drinkmallinsons.co.uk.

That's very good advice indeed.

3 comments:

Erlangernick said...

Please tell me you got to try:
#24 Pennine Light Mild

It could be described as "A light hoppy nose from the American Centennial hops used, a fruity hoppy taste, and a good bitterish finish. Very tasty for it's ABV."
ABV 3.4
A 3.4% Centennial-hopped pale ale? Bless them. That's exactly what I'd like to brew here at home. Or rather, exactly what I'd like to find at the local brewpub, instead of their typical insipid, murky, half-lagered crap.

We think we'll get a permanent residency permit here this fall, largely dependent on how good herself's Deutsch is by then. I wonder if this would help our chances in being able to retire to your part of the world someday...

Tandleman said...

Er. No. Not yet anyway.

Leigh said...

and a wonderful brewery, I agree totally.