Tuesday 26 May 2009

Three Things About Turkish Drink


Thanks for the kind messages about my hols. I can assure my more sensitive readers that getting my kit off was kept to a bare minimum!

On the way to our hotel we stopped at a Karvanserai for a drink - well I guess the driver gets a kick back for bringing his prisoners there. Efes Pils was our first holiday drink and it wasn't that bad. Quite full bodied, not too gassy and with a slight hop tickle, it was drinkable stuff. Our hotel did Tuborg Green Label, though it was sold as "Troy Pilsner". I know, as the kegs were easy to check. This was frankly crap. The third thing is that Turkish Gin and Tonic made from local spirits and local tonic was very and dangerously drinkable. As we were all "all inclusive" I drank infeasibly large amounts of it. The tonic was more Schweppes than Britvic, so all was well.

The weather was mostly 30c+ and some bits of me are brown. I only got slight Turkish tummy. Result.

I was with my pal Graham who discovered a forced liking for vodka, there being no free whisky!

3 comments:

Sat In A Pub said...

Turkey, eh? Glad those rumours about you queing 3 days for the Marks & Spencer 1p sale proved untrue:)

Tandleman said...

Damn. Have I missed that?

Erlangernick said...

"Turkish tummy" sounds very cute.

Glad you didn't get any tainted local spirits, the likes of which killed a couple or three German tourists a few weeks ago!