Now the Baum is one of the few outlets I know of for Hoegaarden Witbier. I didn't have any as I'd forgotten about it and anyway there was a cask beer well worth drinking, namely Thornbridge Twin Peaks. American Pale Ale at 5%. This was a fab beer. Clear as a bell and with a fresh cask just on, it was beer of the night by a considerable distance. Like the Baum, seek it out.
Is that the two things then? Well no and here I'd like some feedback. The barman told me that Hoegaarden in draught (keg) form is ceasing UK distribution. Wow. I can't find anything on t'internet confirming this though. Does anyone know if it is true?
I have an urge to buy some Hoegaarden now, so maybe I'll check that out tomorrow or even go back to the Baum, where to add weight ohis story, the barman told me they had got several extra kegs in.
The Baum is next to the Co-op Pioneers Museum. That's another story though.



1 comment:
I don't know the facts about Hoegaaden, though a Google search reveals a bar replacing the discontinued Hoegaaden with Erdinger.
Interestingly (or not) we found a Hoegaaden bar in rural Georgia last year, a change to the German brewery owned bars you find in the Caucasus.
The Baum was as good as ever on our last visit.
Post a Comment